Md Ishtiaq & Associates (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates http://www.askfinanceguru.com.sg/ (the “Site”). We are representatives who are authorized to sell Life Insurance products for Great Eastern Life Assurance Company Limited and General Insurance Products for OAC, MSIG & Tokio Marine (collectively, the “Companies”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site. We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy. Please take a moment to read this statement so that you know and understand the purposes for which we collect, use and disclose your Personal Data.
This Privacy Statement supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consent(s) you may have previously provided to Md Ishtiaq & Associates in respect of your Personal Data, and your consent(s) herein are additional to any rights we may have at law to collect, use or disclose your Personal Data.
Md Ishtiaq & Associates may from time to time update this Privacy Statement to ensure that this Privacy Statement is consistent with our future developments, industry trends; and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. Subject to your rights at law, you agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of this Privacy Statement as updated from time to time on our website http://www.askfinanceguru.com.sg/privacy-policy/.”
1. Personal Data
In this Privacy Statement, "Personal Data" refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which the organisation has or is likely to have access. Examples of such Personal Data you may provide to us include (depending on the nature of your interaction with us) your name, NRIC, passport or other identification number, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address and any other information relating to any individuals which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or via other forms of interaction with you.
2. Collection of Personal Data
2.1 Generally, we collect Personal Data in the following ways:
when you meet our agents or staff face-to-face, call, post, or email us relating to any of our products or services;
when you enter into any agreement or provide other documentation or information in respect of your interactions and transactions with us, when you request that we contact you, be included in an email or other mailing list; or when you respond to our request for additional Personal Data, our promotions and other initiatives; when you are contacted by, and respond to, our planners and other staff; when you submit a job application; when we receive references from business partners and third parties, for example, where you have been referred by them; when your images are captured by us via CCTV cameras while you are within our premises, or via photographs or videos taken by us or our representatives when you attend events hosted by us; when we seek or receive information from third parties about you in connection with your policy, policy applications, claims or job applications, for example, from other insurers, insurance associations, hospitals, clinics, motor workshops, your ex-employer and the relevant authorities; and/or when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reason(s).
2.2 When you browse our website, you generally do so anonymously but please see the section below on cookies. We do not at our website automatically collect Personal Data, including your email address unless you provide such information or login with your account credentials.
2.3 If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), including where you have named them as beneficiaries or as a life assured, or where you refer a third party to us for the purposes of us offering our products and/or services to that third party, by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to you providing us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
3. Purposes for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
3.1 Generally, Md Ishtiaq & Associates collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data for the following purposes: responding to, processing and handling your queries, complaints, feedback and requests; managing the administrative and business operations of the agency and complying with the Companies’ internal policies and procedures; facilitating business asset transactions (which may extend to any merger, acquisition or asset sale) involving any of the Companies; matching any Personal Data held which relates to you for any of the purposes listed herein; requesting feedback or participation in surveys, as well as conducting market research; analysing and/or aggregating Personal Data held by any of the Companies from time to time for statistical, profiling, product research, design and development, understanding customer needs, requirements and preferences, reviewing market trends and demands, and developing and improving the quality and features of any of the Companies’ products and services; preventing, detecting and investigating crime, including fraud and money-laundering, and analyzing and managing commercial risks; handling and managing legal claims, actions or proceedings, and protecting and enforcing our contractual and legal rights and obligations; compliance with any applicable rules, laws and regulations, codes of practice or guidelines or to assist in law enforcement and investigations by relevant authorities; and/or any other purposes relating to the aforesaid.
These purposes may also apply even if you do not maintain any account(s) with us, or have terminated these account(s).
3.2 In addition, Md Ishtiaq & Associates collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data for the following purposes depending on the nature of our relationship:
If you are a prospective customer or policy holder
- providing financial advisory services, including evaluating your financial needs and reaching out to you (including by way of telephone calls) to provide recommendations to you as to the type of products and services suited to your needs;
- where agents have been assigned to service your account or portfolio, we may also use your telephone number(s) to contact you from time to time in order to take your instructions, and/or provide you with information, updates, or recommendations and / or in accordance with the terms and conditions of our agreement with you;
- arranging contracts of insurance;
- assessing and processing any applications or requests made by you for products and services offered by the Companies;
- communicating with you (including by way of telephone calls) in relation to your policy and informing you of updates to the policy benefits, terms and conditions and providing administrative information, including for the purposes of servicing you in relation to the products and services offered to you;
- reinsuring risks with other insurers;
- administering, maintaining, managing and operating the products and services offered to you, including reinsured products by other companies and government financing programmes;
- underwriting policy risks and facilitating underwriting and reviewing claims history with the Companies;
- ix. collecting premiums and debt collection;
- assessing and processing of any claims and payments arising under your policy including by requesting from hospitals and clinics information such as your medical reports and blood test results;
- any other purposes relating to the aforesaid.
You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the products and services you have requested.
You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in delays in the processing of your application, or our inability to process your application.
3.3 Md Ishtiaq & Associates may also collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- providing or marketing services, products and benefits to you, including promotions, loyalty and reward programmes;
- matching Personal Data with other data collected from time to time for other purposes or from the Companies or other sources (including third parties) in connection with the provision or offering of products and services, whether by any of the Companies or other third parties;
- administering contests and competitions, and personalising your experience; and
- sending you details of products, services, special offers and rewards, either to our customers generally, or which the Companies have identified may be of interest to you; and
- conducting market research, understanding and determining customer behaviour, location, preferences and demographics for the Companies to offer you products and services as well as special offers and marketing programmes which may be relevant to your preferences or profile.
3.4 If you have provided your Singapore telephone number(s) and have indicated that you consent to receiving marketing or promotional information via your Singapore telephone number(s), then from time to time, Md Ishtiaq & Associates may contact you using such Singapore telephone number(s) (including via voice calls, text, fax or other means) with information about our products and services (including discounts and special offers).
3.5 In relation to particular products or services offered by the Companies or in your interactions with us, we may also have specifically notified you of other purposes for which we collect, use or disclose your Personal Data. If so, we will collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for these additional purposes as well, unless we have specifically notified you otherwise.
4. Disclosure of Personal Data
4.1 Md Ishtiaq & Associates will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorised disclosure. Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may be provided, for the purposes listed above (where applicable), to the following entities or parties, whether they are located in Singapore or overseas:
- the Companies’ related corporations;
- companies providing services relating to insurance and/or reinsurance to the Companies;
- where relevant, surveyors, loss adjusters, private investigators, motor workshops, hospitals or clinics in connection with the underwriting of policy risks or claims;
- associations of insurance companies, including the Life Insurance Association Singapore and the General Insurance Association Singapore;
- vendors or other third party service providers in connection with products and services offered by the Companies;
- Credit Bureau (Singapore), or in the event of default or disputes, any debt collection agencies or dispute resolution centres such as the Financial Industry Disputes Resolution Centre Ltd;
- your family, relatives, appointed executors and their professional advisers in connection with your will(s) or the administration of your estate;
- any business partner, investor, assignee or transferee (actual or prospective) to facilitate business asset transactions (which may extend to any merger, acquisition or asset sale) involving any of the Companies;
- where we require payment from you, your banks, credit card companies and their respective service providers;
- our professional advisers such as our auditors and lawyers;
- relevant government regulators or authority or law enforcement agency to comply with any laws, rules and regulations or schemes imposed by any governmental authority such as the Monetary Authority of Singapore, the Ministry of Manpower, the Ministry of Health and the Central Provident Fund Board; and
- any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data to.
5.1 When you interact with us on our website, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser. We may employ cookies in order for our server to recognise a return visitor as a unique user including, without limitation, monitoring information relating to how a visitor arrives at the website, what kind of browser a visitor is on, what operating system a visitor is using, a visitor’s IP address, and a visitor’s click stream information and time stamp (for example, which pages they have viewed, the time the pages were accessed and the time spent per web page).
5.2 Cookies are small text files placed in the ‘Cookies’ folder on your computer’s hard disk and allow us to remember you. The cookies placed by our server are readable only by us, and cookies cannot access, read or modify any other data on a computer. All web-browsers offer the option to refuse any cookie, and if you refuse our cookie then we do not gather any information on that visitor.
5.3 Should you wish to disable the cookies associated with these technologies, you may do so by changing the setting on your browser. However, you may not be able to enter certain part(s) of our website.
6. Data Security
6.1 Md Ishtiaq & Associates will take reasonable efforts to protect Personal Data in our possession or our control by making reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks. However, we cannot completely guarantee the security of any Personal Data we may have collected from or about you, or that for example no harmful code will enter our website (for example viruses, bugs, trojan horses, spyware or adware). You should be aware of the risks associated with using websites.
6.2 While we strive to protect your Personal Data, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit to us via the Internet, and we urge you to take every precaution to protect your Personal Data when you are on the Internet. We recommend that you ensure that you use a secure browser.
7. Third-Party Sites
8. Contacting Us – Withdrawal of Consent, Access and Correction of your Personal Data
8.1 If you
- have any questions or feedback relating to your Personal Data or our Privacy Statement;
- would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data as set out in this Privacy Statement; or
- would like to obtain access and make corrections to your Personal Data records, please contact Ms Rina as follows:
Attn: Ms Rina
Mohamed Ishtiaq & Associates Pte Ltd
200 Changi Road
Great Eastern @ Changi
8.2 Please note that if your Personal Data has been provided to us by a third party (e.g. a policyholder who has nominated you as beneficiary or the life assured), you should contact that individual to make such queries, complaints, and access and correction requests to Md Ishtiaq & Associates on your behalf.
8.3 You may refuse to give, or may withdraw your consent for us to collect, use or disclose your personal data and/or your insured persons’ personal data by giving us reasonable notice so long as there are no legal or contractual restrictions preventing you from doing so. For example, you may withdraw your consent for your personal data being used for marketing purposes if this withdrawal will not affect our ability to provide you with the products and services that you asked for or have with us.
8.4 However, if you withdraw your consent for us to use your personal data for any purposes which we regard as necessary to provide you products and services supplied by or through us, such as for example, matters relating to the servicing and administration of your insurance policy, this may affect our ability to provide you with such products and services, including preventing us from keeping maintaining in force your insurance cover or properly assessing and processing your claims. Withdrawing such consent may also result in the termination of all your policies and contractual relationships with us. This may also be disadvantageous to you, as you may lose valuable benefits from the policy and/or it may not be possible for you to obtain a similar level of protection on the same terms in the future. There may be other consequences of your withdrawal which Md Ishtiaq & Associates may advise you of. In the event of any withdrawal of your consents in relation to your personal data, Md Ishtiaq & Associates’ legal rights and remedies are expressly reserved.
9. Governing Law
9.1 This Privacy Statement and your use of this website shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore